Last update: 10/11/2023
This Notice should be read in conjunction with our Privacy Notice which contains the necessary information on how we process your personal data, including that which may be collected by cookies where applicable. We may change the terms of this Notice from time to time.
1.WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a small text file, usually consisting of letters and numbers, which is transferred and stored, for a time determined by the operator, on the device used by the user (a computer, tablet, smartphone or any mobile device) when the user accesses the Website. For example, some cookies uniquely identify one device, distinguishing it from another.
Please note that other similar technologies are used to collect information about the device you are using, such as pixel tags, web beacons or social network plug-ins, also fall into the general category of “cookies”. We also use pixels or web beacons in the direct marketing emails that we send to you. These pixels track whether our email was delivered and opened, and whether links within the email were clicked. They are not stored on your device but are invisibly embedded in the Website pages.
Some cookies are absolutely necessary to allow the Website to function properly and provide the user with a good browsing experience, such as simply moving from one page of the Website to another, and providing the services envisaged therein (e.g., purchasing and paying for glasses).
Other cookies are necessary to make browsing easier and faster, (e.g. by remembering registration data or the contents of the shopping bag, or to make browsing as in line as possible with the user’s preferences and characteristics).
In addition, certain cookies are useful for providing the operator of the Website with information that can be used for analytics and statistical purposes, for example to know the number of users connected, as well as for sending personalised promotional messages, or to ensure a direct link with social networks.
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO COOKIES CONTAIN
The information collected in the form of cookies generally relates to information about the user’s device, such as IP address, login details, operating system and platform used, type or terminal, screen resolution, type of internet browser, time zone setting, country of origin, information about visits to the Website including the URL, length of visit, search terms typed on the Website, products viewed or placed in the shopping bag, page response times, download errors and information about page interaction, such as the number of clicks or browsing patterns.
Generally, this information is not sufficient to identify the user personally, but it could be if it is read in combination with each other or with additional information collected by the Website or a third party.
We have coded and distinguished cookies according to how long they are stored on the user’s device, the party who installs and manages them and, above all, the purposes for which they are installed.
You will find the names and functions of each cookie as well as their retention period here.
Session cookies are defined as cookies installed when the Website is opened and deleted when the browser is closed, or when the Website is closed, or the session expires. The information is thus stored temporarily and allows, for example, navigation to be maintained.
Permanent cookies are cookies that are stored on the user’s device for a period predetermined by the operator, even after closing the browser. They allow, for example, the user’s name and password to be saved or preferences to be remembered, so that the user does not have to enter them again when opening the Website.
b.Who installs cookies
Cookies can come from two sources:
- Proprietary (or first party) cookies: they are created by the website you are visiting and associated with its domain name;
- Third-party cookies: these cookies are created by third-party suppliers and placed by the publisher of the website you are visiting and are therefore associated with a different domain name from the site on which they are implemented. With respect to our third-party partners, they set cookies when you are logged on to their pages or when you visit our Website, for example in the form of an advertising banner.
These cookies are governed by the privacy notices of these third parties, which can be viewed on their respective websites.
They are used exclusively to ensure the basic functionality of the Website and, therefore, prior consent of the user is not required for their installation. The user can set their browser to block these cookies, but as a result some or all parts of the Site will not work.
- Analytical cookies: some are installed and managed directly by EssilorLuxottica and are used to analyse how the Website is used, to count accesses, traffic sources, pages viewed, so as to allow the operator to make changes and improvements to the Website They may collect data in anonymous form for statistical purposes only.
- Other analytical cookies may be instead installed by third parties in order to track the user’s activity on the Website drawing useful information for EssilorLuxottica. To help the user in making a more informed decision on whether or not to consent to the collection of such cookies, please read Google’s respective privacy policies (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US) or visit: http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/
- Marketing and profiling cookies: they track the user’s navigation on the Website, allowing the creation of personalised content on the Website, showing the user products of their interest or similar to those already viewed, sending advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed: refusal or withdrawal of consent will not interfere with the possibility of accessing or browsing the Website. Other cookies may be instead installed by third parties in order to track the user’s activity on the Website drawing useful information for EssilorLuxottica. To help the user in making a more informed decision on whether or not to consent to the collection of such cookies, please read Google’s respective privacy notices, regarding Google Adsense (https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US) or visit http://www.youronlinechoices.com/it/.
- Google: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
- Instagram: https://privacycenter.instagram.com/policy/entry_point=ig_help_center_da...
4. HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES?
Strictly necessary cookies, enabling the basic functions of the Website, are installed automatically when the Website is opened, without requiring consent. With regard to the other categories of cookies, for which it is necessary to give consent or not, the first time the user accesses the Site they will see a cookie banner (PrivacySettings) containing the short Privacy Notice and a link to the Cookies Notice.The user may, however, at any time view and change his preferences via the Privacy Settings.
Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Internet Explorer.
The user can also indicate their preferences regarding the installation of cookies via .
5. WHO HAS ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION COLLECTED VIA COOKIES
With reference to the cookies installed by Luxottica, only Luxottica personnel in charge, previously trained and instructed to carry out such tasks, may access the information collected through cookies. With reference to third party cookies, information is collected and used by Luxottica and by external parties linked to Luxottica by a contractual relationship. For further information on the processing of personal data and on our collaborations with third parties, please consult our Privacy Notice available on the Website.
6. IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA TRANSFERRED ACROSS THE BORDER?
Your personal data may be collected, accessible or stored outside your country of residence.
As a result of the above, your personal data may be accessed and/or transferred to countries which do not have equivalent data protection laws to those required within the European Economic Area (EEA).
In such cases, Luxottica ensures that, at all times, appropriate safeguards are implemented to ensure that your personal data is processed in accordance with applicable legislation. In this respect, where your personal data is processed by another entity belonging to EssilorLuxottica Group (“EssilorLuxottica Entity”), the safeguards are based on the commitments taken on the basis of (ii) a dedicated transfer agreement binding upon the EssilorLuxottica Entity involved in the processing and (ii) a set of common rules applicable through the EssilorLuxottica Group Data Protection Policy.
Where your data is processed by EssilorLuxottica Entiy(ies) or third party(ies) located outside the European Economic Area, Luxottica ensures that specific contractual protection is implemented to ensure that this requirement is addressed in accordance with the Applicable Legislation as per Articles 44 et seq. of the GDPR.
7. YOUR RIGHTS
When the cookies placed on Barberini Website collect your personal data, you have the right to access, rectify, oppose, delete and limit it. For more information on the content of these rights and the limitations that may be placed on them, please refer to our Privacy Notice available on the Website. You can also change your preferences or withdraw your consent at any time by clicking in the Axeptio banner.
If you want to exercise your rights (Articles 15-22 GDPR) or you have questions on this Cookie Notice, you may contact Luxottica Data Protection Officer at the following address: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Furthermore, if you are not satisfied with the way we process your Personal Data and/or our response to a request to exercise your rights, you can lodge a complaint with the competent data protection supervisory authority.
8. HOW CAN YOU KEEP TRACK OF CHANGES TO THIS COOKIE NOTICE?
For legal and/or organizational reasons, this Cookies Notice may undergo changes. We suggest, therefore, to check this Cookies Notice regularly and to refer to the latest version of it, we will post the date it was last updated at the top of this Cookies Notice.
You need to know more about our solutions
for sport & performance by ESSILOR® SUN SOLUTIONTM?